Thursday, July 13, 2017

Review 'Summer's Lease' by Carrie Elks


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34728527-summer-s-lease
Meet the Shakespeare family: four sisters, four stories . . . four ways to find true love

Cesca Shakespeare has hit rock bottom. Six years after the play she wrote bombed at the box office, she's unable to hold down a job, keep an apartment, and worst of all her family have no idea how far she's fallen. So when her fairy Godfather offers her the use of his friend's Italian villa for the summer, she grudgingly agrees to try writing a new play. That's before she finds out the house belongs to her arch-nemesis, Sam Carlton.

When Hollywood heart-throb Sam Carlton sees his name splashed across a gossip rag, all he wants to do is hide. That's how he finds himself traveling to Italy, deciding to spend the summer in his family's empty villa on Lake Como. Except when he arrives it isn't as empty as he'd hoped.

Over the course of the hot Italian summer, Cesca and Sam have to come to terms with their pasts. What begins as a tentative friendship quickly grows into an intense attraction - and then a scorching fling. But they can't hide from reality forever . . . as their different worlds collide, Sam and Cesca face a choice: is this just a summer romance, or could their love weather even the coldest winds?

A brand new series from the bestselling author of Fix You and the Love in London series.

The Facts:


Publication Date:
July 13th, 2017
Series:
Shakespeare Sisters #1
Genre:
Contemporary Romance
Pages:
368
Formats:
eBook, Paperback
Available at:

My Review:


After reading a lot of three star reads lately, I was really in the mood for a book that would blow my mind and I wouldn’t be able to put down. And ever since I saw the beautiful cover of ‘Summer’s Lease’ by Carrie Elks, I knew this was a book I wanted to read. It looked so pretty, and the book description sounded so good.

In ‘Summer’s Lease’ we meet Cesca Shakespeare. Cesca is a twenty year old who is trying to get by on her own in London. Ever since Cesca’s dream ended horribly 6 years ago, Cesca is trying to stay strong and move on. But when she losses yet another job, she starts to think things will never get better. So when her godfather offers Cesca the chance to go to Italy for the summer, to stay in a rich guys house, the choice is easily made. Hoping Cesca will be able to start writing again, Cesca goes into her new adventure with her hopes high. But when the rich guy’s son suddenly decides to get away for the summer too, things get heated very fast.

Well, I can’t say anything else before I tell you guys how much I loved this book! I loooooved it. Not only is ‘Summer’s Lease’ a nice, sweet and very romantic read, I also loved the main characters and their stories. From the moment I started reading this book, I couldn’t put it down, and it was exactly what I needed.

The two main characters Cesca and Sam are really great and totally different. Cesca is poor, and trying to get by one meal after another. Sam is a famous Hollywood actor who is followed by paparazzi everywhere. But despite all their differences, they have one thing in common: they both want to get away from their life for a while.
This book was definitely very romantic, but also very funny at times. It really put a smile on my face, and I really felt like I personally knew these characters.  

I love everything about this book. I loved the story, I loved the characters, I loved the scene in Italy and I loved the chemistry between Cesca and Sam. It was just such a great novel I didn’t want it to end.
Although I’ve only been to Milan, Italy ones for work last year, and I didn’t get to see a lot of the country, I always wanted to visit more of this beautiful land. I’ve heard some great things about the beautiful lakes and landscapes in Italy. And this book definitely made me want to grab a bag and go there. It really was that good.

The author did a great job on developing the characters and the scenery. And since Cesca is one out of four sisters, I’m really hoping there will be more books about the Shakespeare sisters. I for one can’t wait to read more!

My Rating:


About the Author:


Carrie Elks lives near London, England and writes contemporary romance with a dash of intrigue. At the age of twenty-one she left college with a political science degree, a healthy overdraft and a soon-to-be husband. She loves to travel and meet new people, and has lived in the USA and Switzerland as well as the UK. When she isn't reading or writing, she can usually be found baking, drinking wine or working out how to combine the two.

For more information about Carrie Elks please visit her website. Or visit her on Facebook and Twitter.

I received this book from the Little, Brown Book Group in exchange for my honest review.

https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com